Report Your Claim
On line reporting for First Report of Injury
EMPLOYERS is pleased to announce that we are offering the ability to submit a First Report of Injury on- line. Submitting a First Report of Injury on-line is an additional way for you to report claims. You will continue to have the ability to phone in or fax a first report to EMPLOYERS, as well. By reporting your claims on-line, you will have the ability to timely enter claims into our management system. Please notify EMPLOYERS if you are interested in taking advantage of this new functionality by:
Fax your First Report of Injury to (877) 329-2954
- Email email@example.com
- Indicate in the email subject: “Access to Submit Online Claim Reports”
- Please provide the following information in the email:
- Your Name (first/last)
- Policy Number (including the prefix)
- Phone Number
- Email Address
In order to expedite the claim reporting process and to ensure that we are able to respond to the needs of your injured worker efficiently, please have available as much of the following information as possible when reporting a claim through our Call Center:
- Policyholder's name and address
- Employee's name, address, social security number and birth date
- State in which employee was hired
- Employee's occupation (job title) at the time of injury
- Date of injury
- Address/location of accident
- (Was the accident on employer's premises?)
- How did the accident occur?
- How many people were injured in the accident?
- Part(s) of the body injured
- Did the employee return to next scheduled shift after accident?
- Is the validity of the claim doubted? If so, state reason
- Are the injured employee's wages being paid during disability?
- Does the employee hold a 40-hour-per week position?
- Wage of employee on the date of injury (salary per hour, day, week or month)
Early intervention in the management of an employee's illness or injury is essential in successfully managing claims and reducing your workers' compensation costs.