Our Fraud Investigations Department’s Anti-Fraud Program discourages individuals from attempting workers’ compensation fraud. Those that cannot be deterred from committing acts of fraud are aggressively pursued and prosecuted.
Anti-Fraud Program Advantages:
- Cases of potential fraud investigated by our Fraud Investigations Department and referred to law enforcement have resulted in more than 150 criminal complaints and 80 criminal convictions since 2003
- The anti-fraud program has produced savings of over $44 million since 2003, helping to protect incurred loss amounts
- Formal anti-fraud training is provided on a continuing basis to all our staff members who deal with claim files or policies of insurance
- The investigation of criminal fraud is completely integrated into the basic claim investigation functions
- Our anti-fraud materials, posters, payroll stuffers and our Top 10 Warning Signs of Workers’ Compensation Fraud informative flyer are available
- A Fraud Hotline and e-mail address are operational 24 hours per day, seven days a week (including holidays), for the reporting of suspected workers’ compensation fraud