Maine Required Postings and Forms
Please post the following notices, both in English and Spanish, in a conspicuous location frequented by employees such as the break room, lunchroom or time clock. If you have multiple office locations be sure to post the notices at each location.
This notice must be posted in a conspicuous place upon your premises accessible to employees. 39-A MRSA §406. The State of Maine does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission to, access to, or operation of its programs, services or activities. This poster is available in alternative format. For further assistance, contact the Maine Workers’ Compensation Board, ADA Coordinator, telephone: (888) 801-9087 or TTY (877) 832-5525.
The following forms need to be completed and submitted to EMPLOYERS when a work-related injury occurs:
- First Report of Injury (FROI). As soon as you have been notified of a work-related injury, please immediately fill out this form and submit it to EMPLOYERS and provide a copy to the employee. Please use this form to notify EMPLOYERS of every work-related injury or disease suffered by an employee, regardless of severity.
- Wage Statement. This form enables us to calculate the correct compensation that may be owed to your injured employee. Please complete the form and submit it to EMPLOYERS within five days after your knowledge of any accident that has caused your employee to be disabled for more than three scheduled work days. Also, provide a copy of the wage statement to the employee.
- First Fill Form. This form provides your employees with basic information about our Pharmacy Benefit Program, including such things as the phone number to call to locate a First Fill participating pharmacy. When your employee becomes injured, please print and complete this form and provide it to your injured employee. Your employee will need to provide this completed form along with the prescription for his/her work-related injury or illness to the pharmacist. Using this form will help enable quick authorization for your employee’s initial medication and ensure that the initial prescription is provided at no cost to the injured employee.
- Accident Investigation Report. This basic accident form should be completed by the employee’s supervisor/manager as soon as possible after the accident. Please send the report to the following EMPLOYERS address as soon as it has been completed by the supervisor/manager: EMPLOYERS Claim Department, P.O. Box 32036, Lakeland, FL 33802-2036. You should keep a copy on file for your records.
The adjusting of the claims in this state is handled by Broadspire. Once a claim is reported to EMPLOYERS, the report will be sent to Broadspire for assignment.
- Off-Site Transitional Duty Program - Helping Your Injured Employees Get Back to Work
A successful transition back to work relies on the collaborative efforts of the manager/supervisor, the injured employee and their adjuster. As a manager/supervisor, learn what you can do to help facilitate a successful return to work.