Claims Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if an employee gets injured at work?

Promptly report the injury/occupational disease to EMPLOYERS by one of the methods listed on our Report a Claim page.

Contact EMPLOYERS with any specific questions regarding your claim. We are committed to helping your employee recover from your injury and return to work safely. Our phone number is 1-888-682-6671.

What should I do if I am injured from work?

If you are injured at work, here are the steps you should take:

  • After receiving medical assistance, promptly report your injury/occupational disease to your supervisor. You or your employer will then need to report the injury to EMPLOYERS.
  • Once your claim has been filed, an EMPLOYERS claims professional will contact you to obtain the details of your injury. You will be contacted within 24 to 48 hours of filing your claim by EMPLOYERS. The claims professional will explain the workers’ compensation process and outline any benefits to which you may be entitled.
  • Keep your medical appointments. Provide all medical and return-to-work information to the nurse or claims professional assigned to your claim as well as to your employer.
  • Contact your EMPLOYERS claims professional at 1-888-682-6671 with any specific questions regarding your claim. They are committed to helping you recover from your injury and return to work when appropriate.

What resources do you have for injured workers?

EMPLOYERS has developed tools to help answer some of the questions you or your injured worker may have about the workers’ compensation claim process. By logging on to you will tap into an online resource center that:

How long does it take to review a claim and accept or deny it?

Because every loss is different, the length of time needed to settle a claim varies.

What information do I need to report a claim?

We will ask for the following information:

  • Your company’s name and address
  • The injured worker’s name, address, social security number and birth date
  • State in which the injured worker was hired
  • Injured worker’s occupation (job title) at the time of injury
  • Date of injury
  • Address/location of accident (Was the accident on the employer’s premises?)
  • How did the accident occur?
  • How many people were injured in the accident?
  • Part(s) of the body injured
  • Did the injured worker return to their next scheduled shift after the accident?
  • Is the validity of the claim doubted? If so, tell us why.
  • Are the injured worker’s wages being paid during disability?
  • Does the employee hold a full time (40 hours per week) position?
  • Injured worker’s wage on the date of injury (salary or hourly pay amount)

I need to find a doctor. Do you have a referral list of doctors near me?

Yes. You can locate a doctor by going to our Claims Services page and use the provider locator tool.

What claim information do I need to provide to the doctor?

You will provide your claim number (if you haven’t received one, you can provide them with your EMPLOYERS workers’ compensation policy number), insurance name, and a mailing address for sending medical records. You can obtain this information from your employer.

What happens after I report my workers’ compensation claim?

Shortly after reporting your claim, an EMPLOYERS claims professional will call you to discuss the next steps. They will also be able to answer any questions you may have. Your EMPLOYERS claims professional is there to help you throughout the claim process.

How long will it take to settle my claim?

Every loss is different, so the length of time needed to settle a claim varies.

How can I check the status of a claim?

Log into EACCESS and select the policy under which the claim is covered. Click on the “Claims” tab.

Click on the desired claim to expand the section.

The claim status is located under the claim number and injured worker’s name.

What do I do if I receive a bill from my doctor?

If it has been determined that your work-related injury/occupational disease claim is compensable, you should forward medical bills to your claims professional who will then evaluate the bill for payment.

Why isn’t Report a Claim Online working on Internet Explorer?

Our online claim reporting feature is not compatible with Internet Explorer. Please use Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Safari (Mac) for submitting your claim.