North Carolina Required Postings and Forms
Please print and post the following notices, both in English and Spanish, in a conspicuous location frequented by employees such as the break room, lunch room or time clock. If you have multiple business locations, be sure to post the notices at each location.
- Form 17 Workers’ Compensation Insurance Notice (English and Spanish).
- Anti-Fraud Notice (English and Spanish)
Please print and review the following forms with your current staff and new employees (at the time of hire):
- Form 19 Employer’s Report of Employee’s Injury (FROI). As soon as you have been notified of a work related injury, please fill out this form and submit it to EMPLOYERS®. This helps us to quickly provide a determination of compensability and issuance of benefits—helping keep the cost and time of a claim contained.
- Form 18 Notice of Accident to Employer and Claim of Employee, Representative or Dependent. This form should be completed by the injured employee and mailed to the North Carolina Industrial Commission at the following address: Claims Administration, N.C. Industrial Commission, 4334 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-4334.
- Wage Statement. This form enables us to calculate the correct compensation for an injured employee. Please complete the form and submit it to EMPLOYERS upon your immediate knowledge of any accident that has caused your employee to be disabled for more than 7 scheduled work calendar days.
- First Fill Form. This form provides your employees with basic information about our Pharmacy Benefit Program, including such things as the phone number to call to locate a First Fill participating pharmacy. When your employee becomes injured, please print and complete this form and provide it to your injured employee. Your employee will need to provide this completed form along with the prescription for his/her work-related injury or occupational disease to the pharmacist. Using this form will help enable quick authorization for your employee’s initial medication and ensure that the initial prescription is provided at no cost to the injured employee.
- Accident Investigation Report. This basic accident form should be completed by the employee’s supervisor/manager as soon as possible after the accident. Please send the report to the following EMPLOYERS address as soon as it has been completed by the supervisor/manager: EMPLOYERS Claim Department, P.O. Box 32036, Lakeland, FL 33802-2036. You should also keep a copy on file for your records.
More North Carolina Workers’ Comp Resources
- Off-Site Transitional Duty Program – Helping Your Injured Employees Get Back to Work. A successful transition back to work relies on the collaborative efforts of the manager/supervisor, the injured employee and their adjuster. As a manager/supervisor, learn what you can do to help facilitate a successful return to work.